- Using professionally produced Voice-Overs adds an additional dimension to your message delivery. This adds power and effectiveness, increasing retention of your message.
- Using professionally produced Voice-Overs demonstrates attention to quality that your customer and employees will subconsciously and consciously respect.
- Your target listener can be engaged in other activities while listening to your message. For example, shopping or working.
Voice-Overs for Small Business
Advantages of using a professional Voice-Over for your Voice-Overs for Small Business.
Advantages of using a professional Voice-Over when your customer is on hold or after business hours.
That uncomfortable silence.No one likes uncomfortable silence, but when your customer calls your business, company, or department, this can be detrimental. There are two times when you customer can be subjected to uncomfortable silence when they call.
- When they are put on hold.
- When they call after hours (non-business hours).
Why should you or your company use professional Voice-Overs?
- It may seem easy to read words into a cassette recorder, but subconsciously your audience is listening not only to the words, but also to the presentation. Ninety-four percent of our communication is nonverbal. It has been shown that if these nonverbal cues are missing in your Voice-Over, your listener can miss as much as seventy-five percent of the meaning.
- Listeners will associate an unprofessional Voice-Over with your company’s attention to detail.
- A professional talent is experienced in projecting these non-verbal cues.
- A professional studio records the voice of the Voice-Over talent at the correct frequencies that brings out the talents best sound with no background noise.
See if you can tell what the talent is conveying by using non-verbal cues.
Click here for an example of non-verbal cues.
Body Tone Multimedia - Example of Non-Verbal Cues
Example of a bad Voice-Over.
Body Tone Multimedia - Example of a bad Voice-Over
Examples of Voice-Overs for Business.
- Body Tone Multimedia - Bob Smith No Music
- Body Tone Multimedia - Bob Smith With Music 1
- Body Tone Multimedia - Bob Smith With Music 2
- Body Tone Multimedia - Bob Smith With Music 3
- Body Tone Multimedia - Bob Smith With Music 4
- Body Tone Multimedia's Outgoing Message
- Body Tone Multimedia - Outgoing Message FoodMart
- Body Tone Multimedia - Confetti Nightclub
- Body Tone Multimedia - Reviews by Matthew Movie
- Body Tone Multimedia - Reviews by Matthew Rock
Advantages of using a professional Voice-Over for your business's image.
Professional Voice-Overs used in your outgoing message (OGM) at the office and at home.
In this day and age, perception is truth. How you are perceived to others is how you must really be. In the business, how you are perceived is directly related to the amount of business you receive. No matter how small your company, when people call you from within the company or from outside, your outgoing message (OGM) should always project and aura of professionalism.
Listen to this examples of a professional out going message.
You have reached the desk of Bob Smith, Body Tone Multimedia’s senior vice president in charge of marketing.
Please leave a your name, phone number, and a detailed message at the prompt.
Bob will return your call within three business days.
Thank you and have a great day.
Body Tone Multimedia's Rates for Voice-Overs for Small Business
|Category||Time||Cost for Regular: turnaround time option||Cost for Hot: turnaround time option||Cost for Urgent: turnaround time option|
|Radio Commercial: Local / Regional||:15, :30 or :60||$200||$300||$400|
|Radio Commercial: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago||:15, :30 or :60||$300||$400||$500|
|Radio Commercial : National Network||:15, :30 or :60||$1000||$1200||$2000|
|Radio Station Promotion / Station Imaging||:05, 15 or :30||$200||$300||$400|
|Public Service Announcement on Radio||:15, :30 or :60||$200||$300||$400|
|Television: Local / Regional||:15, :30 or :60||$300||$400||$500|
|Television: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago||:15, :30 or :60||$500||$600||$700|
|Television: National Network||:15, :30 or :60||$2000||$2200||$2800|
|Non-Broadcast Corporate, Industrial and Educational||1 hr recording session||$300||$400||$500|
|Per additional studio hour||$100||$150||$200|
|Interactive Media / Multimedia||1 hr recording session||$300||$400||$500|
|Per finished hour of audio||$500||$600||$700|
|Individual outgoing message (OGM) consumer, business, and corporate.||:15, :30||$60||$100||$160|
• Radio and television rates for unlimited airings in a 13-week cycle.
• Rates are in US Dollars.
Script and Direction
Setting the tone of your Voice-Over.
When deciding on your script for your Voice-Over, you must first decide what tone you want to project.
- A serious tone. Straight to the point. (Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How).
- A character acting out a skit. More relaxed. It brings the listener into the scene as if they were listening in on a conversation.
- A character acting out a funny skit. Comedy helps people remember.
- A serious voice tone acting out a funny skit. Everybody like the switch. A serious tone with a punch line at the end.
- Dynamics (Intensity). Relaxed or hard (“TUESDAY, TUESDAY, TUESDAY”)
A calm, understandable rate of speed for reading your script is 2.5 words per second. That’s approximately 75 words total for 30 seconds. Remember, the pause is just as important to allow the listener to comprehend your message.
Faster is called a, “Hard sell”. The rate of speed for reading your script is 3.5 words per second, but that's pushing it. That’s approximately 105 words total for 30 seconds.Always read your script aloud before you send it in.
The most important item is pronunciation. In reviewing your script, be sure that any word that can be mispronounced is clearly notated. There are many names, words, phrases, and dialects (that are not in the dictionary) that may be very familiar to you in your part of the country, but will not be apparent to the talent. For example, Des Moines [duh-MOIN] can easily be incorrectly pronounced. In addition, be sure to include CAP-i-tal letters to denote syllable emphasis.
When in doubt notate.
All questionable pronunciations must have precise instructions of the desired diction. Body Tone Multimedia will not be held responsible for any mispronunciations that have not been specified prior to the recording session.
Please specify if you want a three second count down, A three second pause at beginning, or the voice over to start right on the beginning. If you do not specify it will start at the beginning.
If music is selected with Voice-Over then a few seconds lead in of music will be played before Voice-Over will start.
Body Tone Multimedia has three turnaround options for your convenience.
- Urgent: 24 hours
- Hot: 72 hours
- Regular: five business days
We offer two (2) methods of delivery: Email and USPS - Priority Mail
- When using email, we compress the file to MP3 or MPEG-4 (AAC). Please consider that most email services do not allow more than 10 Megabytes of data for one letter. This means that an average Voice-Over with music will be approximately 2 minutes long. If you need longer recordings it must burned on a CD and sent via priority mail.
- We can also ship your order on CD. Additional shipping cost will be applied to your order.
How to use your Voice-Over.
Once you get your Voice-Over from your email, you will want to play on a CD player at home or at your business.
- You will need software that will easily convert your MP3 and AAC files into a format that your CD player will recognize.
- You will want to burn your CD.
Follow this link for a free player and converter from Apple Computer, Inc. called iTunes
Please note when using your new Voice-Over for answering machines, voicemail, and cell phones, you may need to turn the bass down or off depending on your equipment.
When recording your outgoing message (OGM) on your cell phone, you may need to use a landline phone to get a better quality message on your service.
Don’t worry Body Tone Multimedia is here to help.
Follow the link below to learn About Body Tone Multimedia Writing Services.
We can help.